❤️ Who loves STUFFED VINE LEAVES?
✔️ We have you covered!
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Recipe Type: Appetizer or Main, Vegan, Gluten-Free
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
• 36 to 40 large vine leaves in brine
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 cup short grain rice
• 1 medium carrot, grated
• 1 1/4 cup vegetable stock, divided
• 1 tablespoon Mama Tulia Apple Cinnamon Spread
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 1/4 cup Mama Tulia Tahini
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/4 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons water
• A dash of cumin
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. Rinse the vine leaves thoroughly and boil in a large saucepan for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until softened. Add the rice and carrot and cook, stirring for 2 minutes, then pour in 1/2 cup vegetable stock, reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the stock has been absorbed.
3. Stir in Mama Tulia Apple Cinnamon Spread, mint, dill, and lemon juice and season to taste. Remove from the heat.
4. Heat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5 and lightly spray a deep baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
5. Lay a vine leaf on a chopping board, shiny side down, and cut off the stem. Add a heaped teaspoon of the rice mixture on top and roll up, tucking the sides. Repeat until all stuffing has been used.
6. Line the base of the dish with any remaining vine leaves and pack the stuffed leaves in top. Pour over the remaining 3/4 cup stock and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Cook for about 40 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked.
7. Blend all sauce ingredients until smooth.
8. Serve the stuffed vine leaves drizzled with the sauce and sprinkled with pine nuts and dill.
For more recipes, visit: MAMATULIA.com