What should you do when a trainer (gym) recommends sports specific exercises and they don’t even ride.... Run. Because they’re full of 💩 . ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
I’m a BIG FAN of science. Want to tell me something is “the best” then prove it to me. Show me studies from journals. Not Facebook. Show me literature and proof. ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Typically if something isn’t “basic” then it’s 💩. ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
You get stronger by slowly lifting more and more weight every time you’re in the gym. You lose weight by eating less and burning more. That is the 100% truth. Hands down. Proven. Done.... can things be done a bit differently but follow those exact rules? Sure! Totally fine. They’re done differently because you are all different. The science is the same. Dont get off track with a “magic pill” or “magic workout routine” ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Here are a few basic things you should start with in the gym and the barn.... take my advice or leave it 🤷🏻♀️ I’m a no 💩 type of coach. ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
1. Learn to do real movements (squat, press, deadlift). And don’t give me an excuse as to why you can’t. You ride horses. You are involved in one of the most judgmental and dangerous sports. You are MORE THAN CAPABLE.
2. Start eating real foods and don’t go on some crash “equitation diet” or you may just crash from never eating.
3. Hold yourself accountable outside of the barn. If a coach tells you to do XYZ to get from point A to point B then we EXPECT you to do it. We aren’t saying it for our own health.
4. Get educated. Don’t just show up to your lesson and leave. You want to be competitive? The BEST riders watch other people ride, trainers teach, sit at the ring at shows and learn. Use the internet. Read. Education is important.
5. Go the extra mile every day. Lazy NEVER wins. And by winning.... I mean winning on your own terms. Staying In your own lane and not worrying about what other people do and say. ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Well, that certainly got off topic but sometimes y’all need a kick in the ass 🤷🏻♀️. To read more on sports specific exercises, go to my website 😝