Creamy Cajun Surf & Turf 🍤🥩
Treat yo’ self. This meal was AMAZING! Like seriously, you’ll feel like you’re eating a restaurant quality meal right at home. It’s perfect for a nice weekend dinner. ⠀
This recipe is fairly easy to make and trust me it’s 100% worth the effort.
Here’s the recipe: ⤵️
* 2 tablespoons oil
* 1 pound steak (such as strip loin, rib eye, etc.)
* Salt & Pepper to taste
* 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning * 2 tablespoons butter
* 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deviened
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
* 3/4 cup heavy cream
* 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. Season steaks with salt and pepper to taste and let sit out for 20 minutes prior to cooking.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the steaks and sear until lightly browned on both sides and cooked to the desired level of doneness, before setting aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, add the butter and let it melt before adding the shrimp and cooking until just pink on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side, and set aside.
4. Add the garlic and cook about a minute.
5. Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon as the broth sizzles.
6. Add the cream, mix in the cajun seasoning, bring to a boil and let simmer for 1-2 mins.
7. Mix in the cheese and let it melt into the sauce.
8. Mix in the lemon juice, parsley and shrimp and serve over the steaks