Ash Reshteh - aka the mufuckin best noodle thick soup u will ever have omGOD I love it so much.
This is traditionally prepared to welcome the Persian New Year and its believed to bring good fortune - theres loads of different kinds of Ash but this one is the most popular and also my favourite :)
What u need:
1 cup kidney beans
1 cup chick peas
1 cup navy beans
Chopped parsley, coriander and dill
2 large onions
Linguine (or persian reshteh noodles if you can get them)
2 tbspoons flour
2 tbspoons mint (fresh or dry - i prefer dry)
1 tbspoon turmeric
Tspoon black pepper
Kashk aka Vegan sour cream
Saffron (if u feelin bad n bouijee)
1. Put all beans/peas in large pot, add water and let cook until soft.
2. Boil 6 cups of water in another large pot and add parsely, coriander, dill and spinach. Let it cook for 20 mins
3. Add noodles to the herbs and let it simmer, then add flour
4. Slice onions and saute in a pan with the veg oil until golden
5. Add salt, turmeric, pepper and mint to the onions and add it to the noodle pot
6. Add the beans to the pot and cover with a lid for 30 mins on a low heat.
7. Lastly, place it in a large serving bowl and serve with kashk (persian sour cream) - i make my own vegan version with vegan cream cheese, salt, garlic powder and herbs. Decorate with mint, and rest of the sautéed onions